Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday's Tip


It is Tuesday and I have missed giving my tips! We have been road warriors as of late. It is no easy task to drive 12 hours with a family of seven! It is definitely not for the weak of heart. I have many tips that I employ on our trips. I always carry a cooler filled with fruit, yogurt, and cheese for healthier snack options. However, my favorite tip is to carry refillable water bottles with you whenever you travel. It makes SUCH a difference! I fill each child's water bottle with ice and water and place it in a cup holder near each of their seats. Then, whenever they are thirsty, they have fresh water available. We often stop at Zaxby's because they have drink stations. Many McDonald's do as well. We use the bathroom and then refill our water bottles with water and ice. I've even asked for a cup of ice to add to our cooler. We patronize the restaurant in some way by buying a drink or meal. Having the water bottles handle saves us on soft drinks and allows the children to stay hydrated. We will sometimes have a sprite as a treat or sometimes I carry lemonade in the cooler.
The triplets were given a fantastic new water bottle for their tenth birthday! Our dear friend gave them Bobble water bottles. Bobbles are great because they come with a built-in filter so that your little one's water is always fresh and filtered. We love our Bobbles!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

We love our Bobbles too.

Leigh Powell Hines said...

I can't go anywhere without our water bottles. Great tip!

cailen ascher said...

great tip! i always have a reusable water bottle with me. it's so convenient - and makes me feel good for doing something "green"

cute blog - i'm your newest follower
cheers!
cailen
www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

Grateful for Grace said...

We do this too, but I've never heard of the Bobbles. Very interesting! I will go check them out.