Monday, April 23, 2012

Our triplets recently had their eleventh birthday. I have no idea where the last 11 years went because it seems like just yesterday I was sitting in the NICU at UNC Chapel Hill praying fervently over 3 little loves. We are thankful for God's goodness and provision. They are His and we are thankful to have them as ours for a little while. In the midst of diaper changing and sleepless nights, we often can't feel how quickly time is moving. Suddenly we wake up and realize that more than 10 years have passed! Since we are in a new town, we had a small celebration for their birthday. Each child invited 2-3 friends to play tennis one afternoon. We wanted to include all of our new friends, but this was a fun little gathering. Earlier that day, I was running errands with Hurricane. We saw a Dollar Tree, so I ran in to buy plates and napkins. As we were checking out, Hurricane asked if we could buy some balloons. I have a fear of regular balloons because I know one too many stories of a child trying to blow up a balloon, inhaling it, and then passing away from suffocation. I trust that only God knows their time, but I am extra cautious with balloons. These were mylar balloons for only $1 each,so I let H pick out a balloon for each of them. We returned home with our 3 balloons and picked up the big 4 from school. My eyes welled up with tears when I heard our Boy say to his sisters, "THIS is going to be the BEST birthday ever!! We have BALLOONS!" I guess I have never bought balloons for any of their parties and they have always wanted them. What a precious thing to be so excited about at 11 years old. Yes, we do have balloons, sweet boy. It just may have to become a tradition.....

9 comments:

Anastasia Schembri said...

Wishing your kiddies a very happy birthday!! Funny how time flies when you are raising children, I know exactly how you feel! It seems like yesterday I was changing their diapers ( and secretly wishing for that stage to speed up!) and now I find myself thinking about their baby and toddler days more and more. I even had to stop myself from trying to sniff a package of Pampers while shopping at the pharmacy. That baby scent brings me back in an instant! :)

kayce hughes said...

Such a treat to meet you in real life!
Hope your week is off to a great start.
xokc

Melissa W. said...

Does this mean I will make it 11 years raising twins!? ha! Congrats on raising three perfect children! Have a great week!

Jennifer said...

It does go fast! Happy Birthday! I love that balloons made your kids so happy. It really is the simple things in life even for our children that mean the most.

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love the ages when they are still excited about the simple things!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Melissa Wagner, Do you have a blog?

Leather sofa said...

Hello
Henley on the Horn
Carry on publishing top quality material similar to this.Your blog is so adorable and nice.

Sharon Kaiser@PhD by Publication said...

How sweet, they love balloons, it’s nice to see children who enjoy children things and don’t scream they hate you for not buying them the last iPhone or something. I like the fact that you and your family get along so well, especially since I’ve noticed you are a very good parent.


Please visit My Webblog

Ahmad Ali said...

Shade Sails Suppliers

car park shade

Tents Rental service

tensile shade uae