Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday's Tip

Wow! December is over and I can hardly believe it. I will certainly miss the daily influx of Christmas cards with smiling faces of our friends and family. December is my favorite month to go to the mailbox. January not-so-much! December = happy smiling faces and January = bills bills bills!
However, December tends to be so FULL. We all find ourselves racing from one thing to the next no matter how hard we try to simplify. It just happens. While I opened and enjoyed every single Christmas card, I have not had time to really sit down and peruse each one in depth. So, this January I will keep our cards out. They are in a cute gold star basket. Each night we will chose a few cards and share the story of that person or family and then we will pray for them. What better use for these cards than for them to be prayed over for their year. None of us knows what tomorrow holds and we can never pray enough for those we love. How do you use your Christmas cards once Christmas is over?

7 comments:

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

What a great idea! Sadly I didn't even get mine out before Christmas, so we are sending out New Year's cards. But before I throw the cards away, I will be going through them again, reading pictures and letters that have gone by the wayside in the Christmas rush.

Travelbugmom said...

This is a great idea. I also like Bevy's suggestion about putting them in an album. I will definitely start something new this year. Thanks.

PS...have a few little trips planned in the next few months.....Clearwater for spring training is a possibility!

Donna said...

I save pihoto cards only until the next year and enjoy looking at them again. Comparing children's growth etc. is fun to see!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I keep them hanging in my kitchen and pray for a different family each day!

Screen Door Prep said...

What a lovely idea! I haven't wanted to take mine down yet either...I am hosting book club on the 15th, so I've given myself until then to get all the "Christmas" put away, including the cards. One of them I didn't even receive until yesterday!

Just found your blog recently! Looking forward to following in the New Year!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is such a great idea:) I have a special box of all the Christmas cards:) I love keeping them
Kisses and enjoy your day

Ps: I am hosting a great home decor GIVEAWAY later today, so please join in :)

bevy said...

You know mine! ;)