Tuesday, January 11, 2011
You know, you always need to listen to Mama. And MY Mama says that sponges are huge breeders of germs. She noted that a recent study found that sponges often have MORE germs than the toilet seat they are trying to clean. Can we say a collective, "EWWWWWW!!!!". Yuckers. Anyhoo, Mama has the perfect solution to kill those germs. Wet your sponge and ring it out so that it is damp. You do not want it to be dripping wet. Place the damp sponge in your microwave and put it on high for 2 minutes. This kills all of the germs on your sponge. You should do this DAILY. Once you open your microwave, you will find that any dirt in the microwave has been loosened because the damp sponge becomes a sauna of sorts for your microwave. The loosened food spots are now easier to clean and you have a damp sponge in hand that is is disinfected and ready to do more dirty work! Isn't Mama smart?!