Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's all in how you look at it

We all choose how we react to things ... whether it be a rational or irrational reaction, it's our choice.  Our school building has been torn down & we are building a new one!! This is wonderful for our students, teachers, and faculty for the long-term.  However, in the short-term, we are facing quite a few headaches!! Our temporary campus is not ready, we do not have water because of a nearby construction project, and we cannot meet our teachers until the first day of school.  Certainly I am mad & disgusted, right? Certainly I am throwing a fit that I can't rush through the doors with another 100-200 parents to shuffle down the new hallways and find each of our children's new classrooms, correct?  NO!! I feel so sorry for the teachers.  I have not told my children anything other than that we are SO EXCITED about this year! What a fun adventure we have to behold! This is going to be a great year!!!  D & I are choosing to dwell on the positive, and therefore, our children are not disappointed about tomorrow... they are excited about Monday morning!!!  

No comments: