Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tuesday's Tip on Sunday



A few years ago I created an idea that I now use at many birthday parties or lunches and dinners with families. I went to The Dollar Tree and bought little plastic baskets that are meant to hold school supplies. I wash them and put a napkin in them and then use them instead of plates at parties. They are great because you can pack them in advance as needed and they hold a sandwich or hot dog, fruit, and chips or goldfish.

The first time I used them I served pb&js, goldfish, and raisins. Yesterday I served hot dogs and chips for simplicity. We had over 50 guests, so it was easy to serve those things quickly. Try it... you'll like it!

15 comments:

JDB said...

Love it! Both my kiddos have bdays coming up. Great idea.

Hope today was fun and happy!

Jo said...

Great idea ~ I'm passing this along to my SIL who is about to enter birthday season as she says.

Have a great day ~
Jo

Jennifer said...

That is practical and fun! Maybe I will even remember it!

Suburban Princess said...

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing your tip!

Gabi said...

Oh, I love this tip. What a great idea! Easy for a bbq too. I think I will make a trip to the dollar store....Hope the party was fun. Can't wait to read all about it :)

Lauren said...

Fantastic idea! I'll definitely keep it in mind!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

What a fabulous idea! I have to admit, I would have not thought of that on my own! Love that they can be pre-packed and stacked, genius! Hope the triplets pool party was a huge success, and that you had glorious weather! xox

sevenalstons said...

That is a really great idea!

Anonymous said...

What a great tip mama! I will for sure have to try this! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

Love Being A Nonny said...

Great idea...thanks! Looking forward to seeing pics of the party!

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

I just love your tips, and having them a day earlier is the cherry on top!

wendy said...

i do love those baskets!! I will never forget the first time I enjoyed such a treat! You made your homemade pimento cheese sandwich and a bag of lays potato chips and some grapes I thought I had died and gone to heaven!
I will never forget how special it was! So wonderful!

bevy said...

That is brilliant! I bet you can get bigger ones for adult size lunches too! You are such a smarty pants.... ;)

Travelbugmom said...

Brilliant...just BRILLIANT! I love tips like this!
Thanks. Hope the triplets had a blast and Mama Henley is not too exhausted!
[I did notice a bottle with a cork in it in the background.....I would be all over that!!!!!!}
:)

KK said...

What a great idea! I LOVE the $ store.