Friday, May 7, 2010

Do a Ditty dum Ditty Do!


Every girl needs a Ditty Bag by Vera Bradley. "Why, Mama Henley, I've never heard of such a thing as a Ditty Bag," I can hear you all say in your best Southern drawl. Well, don't you worry even one little bit, Mama Henley will explain. A Ditty Bag was a genius idea from Vera Bradley. It is a small bag with a drawstring that is LINED with plastic. Yes, you read that right, it is LINED with plastic. If you still don't understand why I am so excited, I will explain. You can pack it with your makeup and it doesn't matter if it spills. Or, you can put it in your beach bag with all of your items in it that need to stay waterproof like your camera, Flip video camera, keys, and money. I often keep an empty one in my beach bag for holding wet bathing suits on the way home! You don't need just one, so you may want to buy two! I promise you will love it. Ours is packed in our beach bag for a boat ride tomorrow!

10 comments:

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Genius! I've even got a ditty bag and never used it. Now I will. Thanks for the idea! :)

Jo said...

I love these fabulous bags. I own two ~ one for travel to hold anything that has the potential to leak and one for my beach bag to carry home wet suits.

Have a great weekend~
Jo

Unknown said...

I didn't even know that I NEED one of those. I had a ball today at the tea with you and the other mamas.

Shannon said...

So funny, I'd never heard of a ditty bag until I began dating my hubby. He was a sailor and of course had a ditty bag for all his wet items. Now I have several Vera ditties (sp?). Love em'! Have a good weekend!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

The title of this post just kills me with cuteness!! I love these bags, seriously awesome for travel, and perfect when I babysit my niece and nephew for unexpected trips in the sprinkler and a need for a change of dry clothes :) XOX Hope you've had a great week, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you Mama Henley! :)

Imjustagirl said...

I love my VB ditty bag!! I use it ALL the time especially for wet swimsuits!!
PS Check out this link
http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2010/05/florida-photographer-tampa/
She is giving away a free photo session in Tampa!! I thought I would pass it along but I think they will pick a winner in the next few days!! Have a great weekend and enjoy the boat ride!

bevy said...

My mother used one for her knitting... so cute! I didn't even realize they were lined with plastic! So smart...

2 Little Irish Boys said...

So cute!!
Happy Mother's Day!!

KK said...

Love it and love Vera Bradley. Miss Priss bought me a VB eyeglass case with her own money for Mother's Day!

the pink prep said...

LOVE the ditty bag! perfect to put in the beach bag....will def. toss mine in the tote!