Saturday, June 26, 2010

Baubles and Bangles


I am not one to wear a lot of jewelry as I prefer very simple jewels. My ears have been torn so many times that I can not wear the fun fashionable earrings that dangle and sparkle. For years I wore pearl studs until DH gave me a pair of diamond earrings. I do love them and wear them every day. I think it would be fun to have sapphire and diamond earring jackets for a little variety, but it's more important that we continue to feed our children! :)

Anyway, I was a bit surprised to receive a Mother's Day gift, much less a gift in a small box. In fact, it worried me just a little as I wondered what in the world he had bought. What a delight to open a box with three gorgeous bamboo enamel bracelets. They are pink, lime green, and black! I love them!! It is fun because I mix it up and sometimes I wear one or two and sometimes I wear all three. I am proud of DH for doing such a great job! What fun bracelets are you wearing this summer?

18 comments:

Lauren said...

I love this pix! The fun colors! I just received diamond studs and had no idea that there are so many fantastic jackets waiting to "warm them up"! I'm currently loving my leather cuffs. Waiting on 3 individual ones ...each with a child's name on it! Yeah!

bevy said...

Those sound lovely! I love the colors... I don't tend to wear many bracelets. But your enamel bamboo might entice me! Good job, DH!

Donna said...

Where are they from...if you don't mind my asking...I LOVE 'em!! Would you e-mail me? duck77star@yahoo.com

carolinagirl said...

LOVE THESE!!!!

Suburban Princess said...

I have two silver chains I always wear all summer. This summer I have worn my KJP cuff a few times already and I love it!

Other than that I just wear costume jewelry to go with whatever I am wearing :O)

Travelbugmom said...

Since I was little, I am prone to ECZEMA on my wrists and between my fingers - had a hard time wearing wedding ring, but that's another story.
Anyway, can't wear watches or bracelets unless they are bangle...love these!
I do have a favorite BRIGHTON toggle bracelet that is usually my "go to".

Brie said...

Those are so cute!!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LPC said...

I always been tempted by enamel...way to go husband!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

How sweet of your husband. Love the colors he chose. :)

Susan said...

As cute as those bangles are I, like you, end up wearing the same bit of jewelry (watch, diamond or pearl earrings and sometimes my Lisa Leonard necklace. I'm not a jewelry fan......lucky for my husband. I would like a nice set of pearls though. They are classic.

Semi-Slacker Mom said...

Way to go Hubs! I loved your comment about continuing to feed the children! :)

mFw said...

Those are so cute!!! I'm not a jewelry girl but I really like those! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Sherrie said...

Adorable!

Mrs. Expat said...

I wonder if those were done in India. They do beautiful enamel work in Jaipur.

Love Being a Nonny said...

Love your new bracelets! I use to wear a watch and a bracelet all the time. I got out of the habit and now it bugs me to have anything on my arm. I wear pearls around my neck at all times and I REALLY want to get use to a pearl bracelet. Time will tell.

What a very sweet thing for him to surprise you with!

pink green & southern said...

I saw some of these the other day and fell in love with them! I bet they look fabu on you!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous party idea!!

My sweet southern mama is turning 60 this year. I know you listed a few months back about special birthdays. Any ideas on a special way to help her celebrate? Any ideas as to a special gift for the mama who seems to have everything? She is so wonderful and I want to show her...