Monday, June 21, 2010

Eton Suits





My heart stops for little boys wearing Eton suits. In fact, there has never been a more handsome boy than our son when he wore an Eton suit in 2 weddings. Eton suits can come in any color of fabric. You have probably seen one in grey wool, ivory silk batiste, or navy light wool or linen. Young boys look so handsome in them! I loved learning that the suit itself is from Eton College in England. Over time, the long waist coat was replaced by the shorter jacket we see in Eton suits. From 1820 to 1967, young boys at Eton College were required to wear the Eton suit, along with a large, stiff-starched white collar. You will see these suits today on young boys in the south or in choir schools. I just LOVE them! Older boys used to wear these suits. I think there is nothing more handsome on a young lad at church or at a wedding! Do you love Eton suits as I do?


4 comments:

bevy said...

I miss those days... but I love my boys in "Palmetto tuxedos" now... they are cute at this age too!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

These are so precious! If I have a boy, he MUST have one.

Debra said...

I love them too!

KK said...

Boys in Eton suits are little angels!