Thursday, June 24, 2010

Polite Moments



My friend, Amy, used to have a blog. I miss it so! I wish she would blog again because she is one of those people from whom I always glean wisdom. She creates exciting ways to teach her children things. Their toys are meaningful and have a purpose. She is a godly woman, wife, mother, daughter, and friend. I just love her.

Several years ago she gave our children the sweetest set of 5 books by Cathy & Gary Maldaner. They are called "Polite Moments". They teach every day life skills, how to visit other families, working for others, how to be a servant, and how to do things. Most importantly, they are based on Scripture. The stories are enjoyable and easy to understand. We love them! In fact, I love to take them on trips as a little devotional at night. You can order them here. They also make great gifts! In fact, I just stocked up on them as they are on clearance now!

7 comments:

Sweet Southern Prep said...

How cute! I'll have to look at getting these for my daughters. My oldest already says "Yes, Ma'am" whenever you ask her a question, guess that's a start. :)

Love Being A Nonny said...

I want to order them but I clicked on the link and it wouldn't work??????????

Suburban Princess said...

Speaking of...I have emailed you and asked you a few times if you got the information I sent you about the paperbits. I would love a reply! Thanks!

Henley on the Horn said...

That's a GREAT start, Sweet Southern! Nonny, I have fixed the link. Thank you for telling me! Suburban Prep, somehow I have not received your email. I tried emailing you this morning. Let me know if you receive it!

North of 25A said...

Love this post - and what a terrific phrase... "Polite Moments" - it even sounds civilized. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and my best,
Colleen

Miss Janice said...

Bless Amy and hope she comes back with her manners messages!!!

bevy said...

Hey! Took a look at the website... what is the target age for these books? Thanks dahlin'!