Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Treat! Go FIGure!

Leave it to my sister-in-laws to FIG-ure it out! One sassy sis-by-love shared a delicious and EASY hors d'oeuvre that is PERFECT for right now during FIG season! You simply need to buy phyllo cups in your grocery freezer, brie cheese with the rind removed, and fig preserves. Put a small chunk of brie in the phyllo cup and then place a dollop of fig preserves on top. Cook in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes at 350*F. It would be pretty served on a platter with some fresh figs! Go FIGure!

6 comments:

Travelbugmom said...

I LOVE figs with cheese! Sounds great! ....and love the sis-by-love notation - I must steal!

Nancy said...

Sounds delish! Can't wait to try :)

Gwennie said...

We eat fig preserves spread on french bread with a sliver of locally made Pleasant Ridge Reserve cheese, which is a hard cheese. The boys and I eat this as an after school treat.

Jo said...

This sounds so yummy! I love brie and figs ~ perfect combo.

Jo

Donna said...

Gee, how did you know that I was looking for a great item to take to a party this weekend???!

bevy said...

How easy is that?!?! And anything with Brie is divine...