Saturday, December 4, 2010

Play it again, Sam

You may remember that I wrote about our Hewlett-Packard printer that I was given last Christmas. Unfortunately, it broke exactly one year after it was purchased. I called HP, and they were unwilling to do anything to replace it. They told me that I could send them the printer and $90 and they would send me a replacement printer. There were no apologies and no disbelief for the fact that I had only had the printer for ONE YEAR. We were so upset.
DH and I drove to Sam's Club to buy a replacement printer. Admittedly, I was sad that Tampa does not have Costco. However, I have grown to really REALLY LOVE Sam's. DH and I bought our new printer. On the way out of the store, Doug stopped to ask the manager, Jason, if there was anything they could do to help us with the situation. Jason was fantastic. He asked if we had the receipt and the box. Sadly, we did not. He told us to find out my MIL's Sam's Club number and he would take care of it. We left the store not sure if it would work out or not. God is so good.
About 3 days later I called Jason with my MIL's membership number. He ran the report and found our purchase receipt. He told me to come to the store for a refund. I arrived just before closing time, and Jason gave me a FULL REFUND for the original cost of the original printer. I was floored!!! Sam's Club kept their commitment to the customer when HP would not. December expenses are always crazy, and God was so good to use Jason to bless us. I told Jason that I would tell everyone that the South Tampa Sam's Club on South Dale Mabry is the BEST!!! I will never buy electronics anywhere else!

5 comments:

Travelbugmom said...

YES!!!! I love a win like that! Yay Sam's Club....Yay You!!!!

bevy said...

What a testimony as to how God uses good customer service!

Love Being A Nonny said...

WOW! That is also one of the reasons I shop at Costco. Their return policy is fabulous!! Kuddos to Sams and Costco!

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Wow. That almost never happens. Good for them and their commitment to customer service!!!

Donna said...

Can't beat good customer relations!! I shop where the return policies are good for that reason...good for Sam's Club...neat story!!!