Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday's Tip... I've seen the Light!


Recently we had a bulb burn out in our hallway. I dread standing on the ladder to change them, but alas, that is what we did. My parents were here visiting so my sweet Papa said he would do it. Wouldn't you know the bulb broke in the fixture, forcing us to have to use needle-nosed pliers to remove it. Thankfully, Papa did a fabulous job. However, he did recommend putting a little vaseline on the metal base of the new bulb. This will prevent the same thing from happening again! Voila'! Our new bulb is happily in its place, and we know we will not face a mess when it burns out in the future.

2 comments:

HoodMama said...

OOOH! That ALWAYS happens to me and I'm afraid I'm going to electrocute myself getting that base out of the socket! Thanks for the tip!

theaikenite said...

Good tip! Thanks Papa.