Thursday, July 1, 2010

One of my Ya Yas has moved to town!


Did you girls read "Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood?" I just loved all of Rebecca Wells' books. They share the trials and triumphs of life in the south. Personally I really enjoy good Southern literature and movies like "Steel Magnolias". They are a great reminder of the value of friendship. Friends are so important. Friends are there for you in good times and in bad times. They will move mountains to spend time with you and they always pick up right where you left off, just as if no time has passed. I am blessed to have many friends just like that.
Childhood friends are more like your ya yas because they have grown up with you. They know what it was like to spend the night at your house, or to visit your grandmama, or how you talk in your sleep and sleep with your eyes open. Childhood friends have stood the test of time. They remember the time you were so mean in the 7th grade, but they've since forgiven you and can now even laugh about it. They have a good memory about things you may want to forget, and likewise, you remember things about them they have long forgotten. Every friend you have fills a special part in your life. I feel so blessed to have such special friends and am thankful for every single one of them.
Well, bless my little heart. One of my childhood friends, or ya yas, has moved to my town in Florida! Can you believe it? That lil dahlin' lives just a mile and a half away. We are having the best time together. We can laugh about the time we threw potion on the boys after hiding in the ditch and we can laugh about 2 of our friends sneaking away in big sis' car only to have the horn get stuck. Therefore, they drove through town with a horn continually beeping and causing attention to their secret adventure. It is easy to help one another because we've known each other forever. While my friend thinks I have been a great help to her, she just doesn't know what a GIFT she has been to me. It is so nice to have her in town for spontaneous swims or child swaps. Ya Ya dear, welcome to Tampa! I'm so glad you're here!

13 comments:

Sandra said...

That is awesome!! What fun you're gonna have!! xoxo

North of 25A said...

I am so happy for you! I am blessed to have several girl friends from grade school (the math is we have been friends for almost 40 years so that is how OLD we are) and it is just the greatest gift. And the laughing - nothing better - enjoy!
xoxox

Sweet Southern Prep said...

How fun! I wish one of my ya-yas would move back! Actually, I probably wouldn't be as productive at home if she did, but it sure would be a grand time that's for sure!

Leelee said...

Loved the "Divine" books and the movie....I love my "Ya-Ya's" and the "petite ya-ya's"....you are so lucky to have a precious one move close by....but you know that!
some of the best things about summer are the times we make the ya-ya's reunite....at the beach, at the river, it is always a fabulous time....

bevy said...

How wonderful for you! I wish my BFF was moving to my town, but I am getting an impromptu visit with her next week when we are both in the mountains... (Flat Rock!)

KK said...

Oh my well isn't that just the best news I have heard all day?!!! I am tickled pink for you and your yaya!

Unknown said...

it's so comforting to have someone from home in your new town. i know this firsthand. love ya'll!! xo

Jo said...

What a lucky lady! I'm sure the two of you will have the best time living so close.

Jo

wendy said...

wow! I can't believe how much Ash favors you!!! What a sweet photo and what a sweet welcome!

HoodMama said...

What a treat!!! Enjoy her!

Jessica Ryan said...

how wonderful is that??!!! Love the Ya Yas and Rebecca Wells' stories!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I know you're just thrilled. I wish my best pals from back in the day would move closer to me. They are all two hours away at a minimum!

Imjustagirl said...

So glad she is your new "neighbor" it is so waonderful to have friends like that and who would have thought that you would both end up in a completly different state only miles apart! I am sure having her so close by is a blessing for both of you!!