Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hey Pumpkin!


I just LOVE fall.... the crisp, cool air, the smells of cinnamon and apples and pumpkins, and the fun fall produce. The pumpkin signifies fall and harvest. Their pretty orange color brightens front porches and tables along with gourds, squash, and mums. Oh Happiness!
The little pumpkins have so many wonderful uses. Some of them are pie pumpkins and they are best for yes, making pies! Others can be hollowed out to serve delicious dips in at a fall gathering. My friend, Frances, once served the BEST artichoke dip in a pumpkin. She cut off the top and it adorned the plate along with delicious crackers. Those who are super gourmet can make their own leaf-shaped crackers like my sister-in-law does. Fantastic! You hollow out the pumpkin and put the dip in its place.

Small pumpkins can also be used for decorative pieces or as hollowed out candle holders.
Larger pumpkins can be hollowed out and filled with a large glass bowl and then they become an ice bucket that chills bottled beverages!
Have fun this fall with some pumpkins! Happy Fall, y'all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to decorate with pumpkins. I have several "faux" pumpkins that I like to use.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Love your post about pumpkins and so glad you found me so I could find your lovely site.
Girl do you have your hands full but no better way to have them full than with precious children like yours.
Thanks for following my site
Looking forward to getting to know you
Love
Maggie

Beth Dunn said...

Live for pumpkins!
xoxo
SC