Saturday, October 30, 2010

Today

Today a beautiful woman and fellow mother of five, just like me, joined the angels in Heaven. Her suffering from cancer is over. She is completely whole and completely healed. Yet, her death leaves a grieving husband, grieving children, and grieving parents, siblings, and friends. She was a fighter until the very end. I would have given up, but she did not. It is hard to talk about worldly things at a time like this.
I prayed for God's mercy today. He was merciful in taking her and not allowing her to suffer more. I just can't imagine the void that will be felt at her home or how one simple daddy can raise 5 children. Thankfully God is bigger than all of that. He is bigger than my thoughts and worries. He is with her children and her husband. HE KNOWS BEST and HE IS GOOD. All the time.

13 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Oh, Mama Henley, you and your darling family have been on my mind and I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I know she must have been an amazing lady, and I am so sorry for her family as I know they are grieving her lovely presence right now. Please know I will keep all of your loved ones in my continued prayers, and if there is anything at all we can do for her family, I would be more than happy to contribute!
Love always - Trishy xoox

Town and Country House said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that God will bring comfort and peace and help in many tangible ways to your friends' family.

The 5 Bickies said...

So sorry Mama Henley.

Sherrie said...

Praying for the loved ones of your friend.

Jessica Ryan said...

I am so sorry for your loss... Life seems so unfair sometimes.

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Prayers of protection, comfort and strength for that family, and most importantly love. Thank you for letting all of us know.

Donna said...

So poignant and heartfelt. It's hard to lose a friend and I think it makes a mark on your own appreciation of life that the friend would want. Faith is the real healer as you said. Sending hugs and wishes for peace for everyone involved.

Jennifer said...

That makes me so sad! It's one of my biggest fears is leaving my daughter before she is grown. I am crying for you and her family but know that she is in a much better place.

The Aiken ite said...

So sorry Mama Henley. You will be a blessing to this family with your encouragement.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Keeping her family in my prayers!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I am so very sorry to hear this about your friend. Truly a hardship for her family and friends but a blessing that she is not suffering any longer.
My heart goes out to her husband and children. God has a plan for all of us but sometimes in cases like this it is hard to understand.
Take care my friend
Love
Maggie

A Big Little Life said...

I can't even imagine. Thinking of you and your family.

The Mrs. said...

OMgoooodness, this is so hard. What a beautiful post. You are amazing. xo