Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday's Tip!


My friend, Julia, is a gourmet cook.... and she makes everything look easy! Her favorite kitchen staple is Maldon Sea Salt. She keeps it in the cutest egg right by her stove top so that she can sprinkle some whenever it is needed. Maldon salt is sold in a box and can be found at Williams-Sonoma, Sur-la-table, and specialty grocers. Maldon Sea Salt hails from England, where it was founded in 1882. The Maldon Salt Crystal Company still draws the salt from seawater using traditional long-handled rakes. They do not add artificial additives so it has a pure and clean flavor. Due to its purity, you can use less and it is very flavorful. I can't wait to get buy a box for Mama Henley!

5 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I've never heard of it but will buy it the next time I am at Williams-Sonoma because I LOVE sea salt and use it often!! Thanks for the tip!

Eloise said...

I wasn't familiar with that salt either! Will definitely look for it next time I'm in Williams Sonoma. Thanks for the tip!

bevy said...

We ONLY use sea salt, but it is from the grocer. Next time I'm near WS I may go in as a special purchase!

North of 25A said...

Great tip. I also use sea salt or Kosher salt so I will have to try this. Thanks.
Best,
Colleen

Travelbugmom said...

I LOVE sea salt! Never tried this particular brand, but will have to try!
We are working on the BEST HOMEMADE pumpkin seeds and THIS salt may be the difference!!!