Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday's Tip


Honey, do you remember when we talked about rotisserie chickens? Well, I have another tip for you! Not only is it easier to pick your chickens while they're hot, but you'll be even happier if you do it with GLOVES covering your pretty hands! My friend, Wendy, is so smart. She bought a box of surgical gloves. Whenever she is deboning a chicken, she puts on a pair of these gloves. At first it may seem wasteful, but it is so smart. Wearing the gloves protects your hands and it keeps it more sanitary. When you are finished deboning the chicken, you simply throw away the gloves! Don't you feel smart now?! I know I do!

3 comments:

Town and Country House said...

I think this sounds like a good idea, but I think food prep gloves would be a better idea. I think medical gloves often have a coating of lanolin, and some have an antibacterial finish, too! Not so great in chicken!

Unknown said...

That's a great idea.
I got in the habit of wearing disposable medical gloves for gardening when my children were small. Not only did they keep the dirt out of my fingernails when I'm pulling a few weeds, but I could rip them off in a second and pick up my baby with clean hands if he/she needed anything.

Peggy Lee said...

I have a separate pair of those yellow Playtex gloves I use just for this! When finished I wash my hands really good with the gloves on and put them away for the next time we have chicken!