Sunday, November 21, 2010

3 Things Mama Says All Women Should Have



The things you learn when you put a bunch of women together! I just had the MOST fun on a Mother/Daughter trip with my Mama! We went on a trip with my BFF and her mama and several other friends were there too. These ladies are a HOOT!!! Do you readers know the three things every woman should wear in order to look fantastic? Well, if you don't, Mama Henley will enlighten you. According to my Mama, you should wear:

RED LIPSTICK

Every woman should wear a great shade of red lipstick. Mama says red always looks good. I am more of a ginger girl myself, but sometimes I do listen to Mama.



A GREAT looking handbag



If you wear a cheap handbag, dahlin', then you look just that... Cheap. So, stay away from the street knockoffs and buy yourself a less expensive bag that is the real thing and looks great. You will always feel confident if you have a good handbag....that's what Mama says!




A REALLY FANTASTIC haircut



Supercuts just does not do the trick. I should know as I've tried some cheap places. Pay for a good haircut. It plays up your facial features and just makes you feel good. When I was 13, Mama and Papa took me to New York. They made an appointment for me at Elizabeth Arden to have my hair and make up done. It was one of the best haircuts I've ever had! My face looked great after Constantine was finished with me. Honey, you do get what you paid for!

Now, do y'all agree or disagree with my Mama?

10 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! I love her already!! She's a hoot! Is that a real picture of her? She's be soooo much fun to know!! Agree, agree, agree!!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

These are great! Glad y'all had such a great time together! I love being so close to my Mama too. :)

A Big Little Life said...

Agreed!! Ventured over to the Davis Islands this weekend. And found your church in Hyde Park. I'm going to try to start attending weekend after next! Sounds like a fabulous weekend in NYC!

Anonymous said...

Ah, such Truisms! My momma would say similar things. A good bag can make an outfit look 100% better. I've (shamefully) been carrying the same bag for going on 4 years now and I still get compliments on a regular basis. I have gotten my pennies worth!

Gwennie said...

My Mother always told me to wear red lipstick, and I do! The nurses were somewhat suprised when I put fresh lipstick on during labor with my boys. I just thought if I was going to have my picture taken after delivery, holding my child for the first time, I should make every effort to look my best.

The Fryes said...

Agreed! I've got some good bags, and although I cringe paying for my hair cut every six weeks, my stylist does a good job and she's worth every penny. Now I just need to find the right shade of red!

Anastasia Schembri said...

Your mother sounds like a very wise woman!!
Hope your week is off to a super start!

Sandra said...

Amen, Amen, Amen. I have never carried a "knock-off" purse and I never will. Whatever I carry, you can be sure it's authentic ;-) Great post. xoxo

bevy said...

Love me some red lipstick!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

If I only splurge on one thing, it's a great cut AND color. Highlights make me a better person. I'm not shallow...just honest!