Saturday, November 20, 2010

Start Spreading the News....




Sorry I haven't posted in the past few days... I am in New York City!!! I'm on a mother/daughter trip with my darling mother. While I'm here, I spent the night with my BFF who is also the author of 400 Square Feet and one of the TOP designers in New York! She works in the magazine industry and in designing and staging. She can transform a dump into a palace! When I arrived at her chic New York apartment, I was greeted by this:


How does she think of these things? She left me some New York favorites including a New York red apple, some really good chips, gourmet cookies, and a darling note on a stump. LOVE IT! We had the most fabulous dinner at the Standard Hotel. Then we walked around the Meat Packing District and had a drink at Budakan. If you haven't read Frances' blog, then you are missing out and need to stop everything and click NOW.

My other dear buddy lives here too and just happens to be the famous trainer to the stars, Joel Harper. Joel also happens to be pretty easy on the eyes.. He literally works out all day every day while training others. He met us for dinner last night, and the women at our table fought over him. I just love Joel. You will love his website,



So, get moving and visit these 2 sites! You'll be so glad you did! I'm off to see the CITY!

6 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, how fun!! Bask in it, girlie!

bevy said...

I Love NY! So glad you and your Mama had a wonderful time together. Those weekends are.the best!

Annie said...

Wow, have a great time!! Love that you're with your Mama! :) Shop til ya drop!

Anonymous said...

OH My! What a star studded weekend you're having! Have a blast!!!

The Aiken ite said...

Good for you!

Suzanne said...

How fun! Hope you've had a great weekend!

Thank you for the Hawaii feedback, those are the three hotels we're considering in Maui...