Sunday, January 18, 2009

Post Moving Tip

DH & I were blessed to have been moved by professional movers thanks to DH's company. They pack, load, unload, and unpack your things. The unpack means they will open boxes, dump the items out, and take away the boxes. You run out of space in your new home rather quickly, so we had them unpack some things, and then we are slowly tackling the rest. In the past 2 days, I have unpacked 10-15 boxes and put them on the street. We realized tomorrow is a holiday so we won't have garbage pick up. SO... here's the tip:

Cardboard boxes have gone way up in price. I am being serious. People will pay for used boxes, and they will happily pick up FREE boxes. I put a listing on Craigslists, and had some takers within 30 minutes!! Someone is on their way now to pick up our boxes! I will continue to give away boxes as we unpack. If we have some really nice ones, I may make $10 or $15!

No comments: