Sunday, February 1, 2009

P. Diddy & Mama Henley

I haven't posted much over the weekend because of my 3-day partying with P. Diddy at the Venue in St. Pete. I mean, dawg, what else do you think I have been doing? It was PHAT. We did drive by the Venue, but since we're not part of the elite Superbowl crowd, well, we just drove on by:). It was a great weekend. There are so many nice beaches to explore! We took the children for doughnuts on Indian Beach at a place called Lighthouse Doughnuts. They are some of the best I've ever had! We also saw Clearwater and it's nice white sand beach. It really is beautiful here!




I think God wants to make sure I feel at home here in Florida because we've had more cold-just-like-North Carolina-days than we have balmy sunny Florida days. Today greeted us with lower temps and rain. It has rained so much that I fear our pool may overflow if we have much more!! Rainy days are perfect for a bowl of hot soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. That is what we are having for dinner!

However, I spent the morning celebrating the first 100 days of school with my terrific triplets, so I do not have much time to cook. Plus, I am just exhausted from all of the celebrity sightings and parties from the weekend (ha!). My friend, A, has been mentioned numerous times. She is pretty brilliant. Here is her vegetable soup recipe. You will love it!!




Meat... can be hamburger meat, beef stew meat, cuts leftover from tenderloin or roast beef, etc. I bought beef stew meat and cut it into tiny pieces
water
2 bottles Spicy Hot V8 juice
frozen mixed veggies or soup mix... 2-3 bags minimum
any fresh vegetables you may have (potatoes, carrots, celery, corn, peas, green beans, peppers, tomatoes)

Boil about 1/3 pot of water. Throw in meat and let it cook for about 5-10 minutes. I don't think A uses water and just lets hers cook with the rest of the soup. Add V8 spicy hot juice. Add vegetables. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for an hour or more. Delicious!

No comments: