Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Crack Myself UP!!!!

When you move to a new town, it takes a while to figure out "your places" such as your drycleaner, who will cut your hair, who will vaccinate your children, and where to buy some new frocks. Word of mouth tends to be the best way to find things, but it also helps to drive around. I don't remember much about last winter, but I think little H & K & I did a lot of exploring! On my expeditions, I have often passed by a little shop with the most beautiful flowers sitting in containers near the road. I have wanted an excuse to spoil myself with these flowers because they are so varied and unique and just gorgeous!!! I have always wondered how much they cost because the sign does not say when you drive by in your car. Well, my sweet friend, W, had a birthday yesterday. We were meeting for lunch today and I planned my morning so that I would have just enough time to scoot by this flower shop to buy one of the gorgeous, ready made bouquets. I knew how much I could spend and everything. I had really thought about this and planned to buy these flowers!! H & I zipped to the front of the little shop and I stuck my head in the door to ask how much her gorgeous fresh bouquets were. "Those?", she said as she pointed. "Oh, yes!", I excitedly replied. I couldn't WAIT to give beautiful W beautiful flowers. She laughed and said, "They're SILK! I use them to let people know we make arrangements." Not having time for an arrangement, I replied, "Oh", and laughed at myself for admiring FAKE flowers for 10 months!!!!!

3 comments:

Imjustagirl said...

Oh my gosh that is to funny!!

bevy said...

Maybe if they were just "faux" instead of "fake" it wouldn't sound to bad! That is funny!

wendy said...

you are so funny! I am giggling!!