Thursday, August 28, 2008

Treats for teachers

It's that time of year again when school is back in session!! Having taught school at three different schools, I know how to treat our teachers!!! I always bring a gift to the teachers on the first day of school.  It may be a copy of my cookbook, a homemade baked item, or a DVD movie & popcorn.  Throughout the year I bring special treats like their favorite drink or supper in a sack (entree, salad, bread, and dessert for their dinner that night) or a good lunch!  Happy Mommy (www.mommytalkandmore.blogspot.com) bought precious monogrammed items for her teacher's lunch!

My friend, B, is always so thoughtful & creative!  This year she took cute baskets filled with Carolina goodies.  One of the best gifts was a roll of quarters for the drink machine!! B is always so creative and thoughtful.  On Valentine's Day, she paints the lids of baby food jars pink & red & fills the jars with red, pink, & white MMs. So SWEET!

I also like to send a survey to the teachers asking them their favorite drink, favorite lunch time treat, do they drink coffee, etc.  This allows me to tailor my gifts to things that they love!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love your blog!!!!! I'm so glad you've started one. I'm going to print out this post and keep it for ideas. Love 'em...I can't believe you can do all of that for all of those teachers!!