Thursday, November 13, 2008

I LOVE this idea!!

I told my friend, L, tonight that she should start her own blog because she has so many great ideas! She shared the most clever idea for packing for a move or for storing things in her attic. Her father had a career that caused them to move many times over the years. As a box was packed, he would take a picture of the contents, and after having the pictures developed, he would tape the picture on top of the box so he would know EXACTLY what was inside!

L's mother loved to collect china. She would lovingly pack her place settings and on the outside of the box she would write EXACTLY how many of each piece were in the box. She would also take a picture of a place setting and tape it on the top of the box! I just love this way of organizing your things!

In the children's toy closet, I have used index cards to label what is inside each shoebox-sized plastic container. It would be even MORE fun to take a picture of the contents and use that as my label! I think I'll try it in our new home! You learn something new every day, don't you?!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Great Ideas!! Thanks.

Preppy Pettit said...

I was going to use the picture idea for toys. very helpful for kids who cannot read yet!

Hopsy said...

I am passing along the photo/box idea onto my mother for their India move. That is so clever!