Friday, November 14, 2008
The things people say...
With a big family, you receive unsolicited comments almost every time you are in public as a family! I have compiled a list of my favorites/most common comments!!!
1. Are they ALL YOURS??? (No, we kidnapped a couple of children and brought them along. NO, I couldn't stand going to the grocery store alone, I mean, who does that? So, I grabbed a couple of children from the neighborhood to come with me. It's much more fun to have a toddler jumping out of her seat on top of you as you reach for the milk. Five year olds crashing your heels with their little cart make the experience SO much more enjoyable. And the three 7 year-olds who take up the aisle make it a quick & easy trip!)
2. Are they NATURAL? (Egg and sperm, baby, egg and sperm. Same as you & me!! Now... sometimes we do think our toddler is supernatural with her ability to get out of any buckle, but that's another story)
3. Are they IDENTICAL? (Hmmm.... take a look, sweetie. Did you pass biology? I'm not sure you did. If you have a male and a female, they are called FRATERNAL. As far as the two girls go, look a little closer, they're fraternal too). Of course I am THINKING these things, not saying them!
4. Do you know what causes it (with a chuckle chuckle)? (365, baby! 365! My husband just can't keep his hands off of me...)
5. How did you end up with three? (Too many fun ways to answer this one!)
6. Will you have more? (I don't know, would you like to discuss your family planning?)
7. What about college? (We hope and pray they'll be smart enough to go! As far as paying for it, we wouldn't have had the first one if we were worried about college).
8. What will you do when they're teenagers? (Send them to your house!)
9. Is this a daycare? (It feels like it!)
10. Wow! How many do you have? (Jon & Kate plus 8 minus 3 minus the endorsements minus the stay-at-home dad)
11. You must be tired! (I am, but it is a blessed, happy, full tired!!)
12. Are you Catholic? (No, just a prolific Protestant)
13. How do you afford it? (Would you like to share your budget with me?)
14. Better you than me (from the words of Sarah Palin, "You betcha!")
15. You have your hands full! (Yes, we do! And we wouldn't have it any other way!)