Thursday, August 27, 2009

Eggs!


Our family just loves eggs... we will eat them poached, scrambled, over easy, hard boiled, soft boiled or deviled. Eggs are an excellent source of protein and are great for children. I try to send our children to school with a belly full of protein, a carb, and a fruit. I feel it is part of my duty as a stay-at-home mother to provide balanced meals for them. However, it can be difficult to serve a full breakfast at 6:45am! Therefore, I love the Chef's Choice egg cooker! It can poach 3 eggs at a time or hard or soft boil 6 eggs at a time. It is fabulous!! Just this morning, I started bacon in the microwave and poached a batch of 3 eggs. Then I poached a second batch for our last 2 children and hubby. Everyone left full and happy! Sometimes I hard boil the eggs and use an egg slicer to cut them. Our children LOVE this! In fact, they are begging to take the whole hard boiled eggs AND the slicer to school. I just need to make sure it's not a concealed weapon...


If you like deviled eggs, then you must be from the South! Check out this great book. My mama always said, "Every young lady should own at least one deviled egg plate." In fact, I gave deviled egg plates as gifts one year. If you don't have one, you need to search Ebay today! Then you can use this handy carrier and go to your favorite potluck!

2 comments:

The B Family said...

What a neat egg cooker! I'm going to have to check it out!

And we love deviled eggs! One of my girlfriends gave me the Pampered Chef deviled egg plate a couple of years ago as a gift. It's not decorative, but it has water inside that can be frozen to keep the eggs chilled for traveling--a must have for potlucks and picnics!

I included a link to your teacher survey in the post I put up last night--hope you don't mind. Such a good idea I just had to pass it along.

KK said...

I wish I could get my girls to eat eggs...