Monday, August 24, 2009

Making School Lunches









I have written school lunches in the past and you can click here to read!

If you involve your children in making their own lunches, it teaches them several things. First of all, they learn that it takes work to prepare them for school each day. They will begin to see all that you do for them. Secondly, it allows your child to make smart food choices! If you set guidelines for them, then they will be more excited to eat their Clementine, plum, or carrots. I have been amazed at the wise choices our four have made when I let them pack their lunches! Another lesson it teaches is to plan ahead. By making their lunch the night before the next school day, they do not have to rush around unprepared the next morning! What great lessons can be learned simply by letting your children make their own lunches! I always check the lunches after they finish... and often sneak in a lunchbox note!

6 comments:

HoodMama said...

I just wrote about this!!! I love you, I love you!

Unknown said...

Beautiful family. I hope you will join me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesdays. Mister Linky is up and waiting for you. I'm sure with 5 children, you must use your crock pot:)

Kim said...

Oh ... I sooo needed this timely reminder as our new school requires packing lunches!
Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

KK said...

Looks great! I just bought a bunch of items for ours--school starts Sept. 3!

3 Peanuts said...

I found you through another bolg. What an adorable family you have!

I completely agree with you on this one and I need to get mine back into the fold of lunch making. Often my hubby will do it when the kids are in bed because between dinner, homework, soccer or Judo...there is little time to make lunches before i want them in BED! I think tonight ...they will help:)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

We did this too and I loved leaving notes in their lunch bags/boxes.

Love those "good ole days" :o)

Blessings & Aloha!