Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is our last Friday of the summer. It is one of only 3 days left where we can sleep until our bodies (or our three-year old) wake us. Of course DH's alarm always wakes me up, but don't think I jump up and start my day on days I can enjoy a little more sleep!

Tomorrow is a reminder that the end of summer is here. Another year is beginning.

Our children are growing older.

They are one grade closer to leaving the nest.

The end of summer always brings a mix of emotions for me. A few weeks ago, I had thoughts of wishing school would start as the children were begging for more routine. They are ready for their teachers and to learn more and to be challenged.

Somehow, I always find myself not quite ready to let them go at this time of year.

What happened to the carefree days of having all of my babies home and no school schedule to rule our days? Those days are long gone. Even the Hurricane will attend some preschool.

We now have three THIRD graders and a first grader. I can't believe it. Does the beginning of the school year evoke emotions in you or are you just relieved to send the little monkeys out the door? I am off to prepare to enjoy our last Friday of the summer!

5 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

You need to move to CT... you have an extra month of summer!

Nancy said...

Enjoy every moment tomorrow :)

North of 25A said...

It is coming to a screeching halt, isn't it? We don't return to school until after Labor Day so there is still a little more time for us...
Best,
Colleen

Gabi said...

Yes, we don't start until Sept 8th, so I am experiencing a bit of what you did a few weeks ago. I'm READY for them to go back! But as it gets closer, I too will mourn the carefree days at the beach. sigh.

Bridget said...

I have mixed feelings each year. Mostly I am ready to return to the back to school routine. We all function a bit better with a schedule to follow.

We don't go back until after Labor Day so we have a few more weeks. My oldest will be an 8TH grader this year. It's unbelievable to me how the years whiz right by!

Hope your school transitions are smooth and happy :)