Monday, October 20, 2008

Funny things five-year olds say!

What is bathroom privacy? I lost mine a LONG time ago!  It seems every time I need to use the ladies' room, I am not the only lady in there!!  With four little girls, I have company or interruptions just about every time I use the bathroom!  This story is a little graphic, so bow out now if you need to do so!

We went to the fair yesterday & had a great time.  Of course we all had to use the bathroom, so 2 of the big girls followed me.  I was wearing a pantiliner.  Our 5-year old spotted it, of course, and said, "Mama, why are you wearing a DIAPER?"  I quickly replied, "I'll explain it when you're older, but it helps Mamas have babies", not knowing what to say.  Then she excitedly replied, "You're having another baby!! I want a boy baby. I do NOT want another GIRL baby".  "No, sweetie, we're not having another baby. I'll explain it all in a few years".  At that, I thought our conversation was over.

This morning I drove K's carpool that has 3 little boys in it along with K.  There was a doll baby bottle in the car so we all teased about whose bottle it was.  Then, K said, "My mommy wears diapers!!", and the boys all giggled.  "No, she doesn't", they said.  "No, really, she DOES. My mommy really does wear diapers! I'm not teasing!"  I just sat & laughed because I knew exactly why she was saying that. Thankfully the boys just thought she was being silly!!

4 comments:

Preppy Pettit said...

I have noticed, I have to be so careful what I say these days. You are lucky she went for the "I will explain in a few years"

Hopsy said...

Ha! That is a great story and I am glad the boys thought she was kidding too!

Courtney said...

That is a funny story!!
Just got your post about the watercolor pictures. If you click on the artist's name it will take you to her Etsy site.
If I post anything you like, I more than likely have added the link to where you can find it. Look for the words in White Print and they are links to click on.
Thanks for the sweet comment.
If you have problems finding it let me know.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I have had a similar experience with my 5 yr old boy. Ha.