Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pimiento Cheese

I LOVE pimiento cheese!!! You can eat it on crackers, on top of a hamburger like they do at Add Drug in Athens, Georgia, on celery, or on a sandwich.  This is the time of year when it is best served on a grilled or toasted sandwich! YUM!

My recipe is very simple... you determine the amounts of each ingredient based on taste.
-shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-mayonnaise (Dukes is my favorite)
-jar or 2 of diced pimientos
-red cayenne pepper
-garlic powder

Mix all ingredients together & enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Preppy Pettit said...

MMMMM! YUM!

Hopsy said...

I LOVE pimento cheese too! I have never tried it on a hamburger, but that sounds wonderful.

KK said...

I love me some pimento cheese!!! I like dipping Fritos in it! If you are ever in Franklin, TN (outside Nashville)you must have a grilled pimento cheese sandwich at The Henpeck Market. You will think that you have died and gone to Heaven. They will even put bacon on it for you!Mmmm, good!