Saturday, October 18, 2008

Now is the time...



Now is the time to get things done...
wade in the water,
sit in the sun,
squish my toes
in the mud by the door,
explore the world in a boy just four.

Now is the time to study books,
flowers,
snails,
how a cloud looks;
to ponder "up",
where God sleeps nights,
why mosquitoes take such big bites.

Later there'll be time
to sew and clean,
paint the hall
that soft new green,
to make new drapes, 
refinish the floor-
Later on . . . when he's not just four.
by Irene Foster "Time is of the Essence"

2 comments:

Preppy Pettit said...

I LOOOVE that! Is there one for girls? I want to have one of each framed for the twins birthday.

Courtney said...

Hi.
If you click on the link on my post it will take you to the website. I believe it is www.johnborin.com
Good luck with the move!
I forgot to post on my blog but they are having 20% off until Nov. 1st.