Friday, May 15, 2009

LL Bean returns




Have you ever bought anything from LL Bean? They have a fabulous return policy. Our son's lunch box ripped on one side after we had it for over a year. In fact, it may have been 2 years old. I looked at their customer guarantee, and it said I could return the item. I called, and they immediately shipped a new lunch box. They briefly charged my credit card for the replacement cost, sent me a return envelope, and then credited me back the full price once they received the damaged lunch box. Now THAT is customer service!

4 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

We go every summer! We spend two weeks on the beach in Maine... it's my favorite time of year. We always hit the outlets up there and the LL bean store. We get a lot of stuff from there and the quality is great and the staff are so helpful.

KK said...

I love her about company's with great customer service. I have had the same red Jansport backpack since high school. Every time it gets "worn down" I ship it back and then send me another one! Heinkel and Calphalon also have great customer service.

The B Family said...

I've never had to return anything but have always been impressed with LL Bean's quality. We love their duffel bags--we have a several of each size (the large ones are HUGE) in a bunch of wild and crazy patterns, all monogrammed with our name, that we use when we travel. Easy to recognize on the luggage carousel, so durable (ours have been through A LOT) and amazingly lightweight.

Chris and Amy said...

Yes, I completely agree. I have never had a problem returning something even if it was monogrammed. Paying a little extra for a quality product and great customer service is definitly worth it.