Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Saying Goodbye



My wonderful parents just visited for the last six days. Sadly it was time for them to go home today. We had a great time together exploring hot Florida, antique stores, and just being together at our house. After everyone went to school, they packed up to go home. As they left, the three of us cried. It is very difficult to say goodbye and to live so far away. I love our new friends, new home, and new church, but I still miss home. When flying this past weekend, I looked at the flights to Raleigh to see if our flight was on time before realizing I do not live there. That realization is tough sometimes. New friends, I adore you. You are already making me a better person through your godliness and kindness. My being sad is not a reflection on you all at all. It's just that I left my parents, my brothers, my sisters-in-law, my only niece, my neighbors, my childhood friends, and my "newer" friends of the last 10 years. And some days it really hurts. When I leave old friends or visitors leave our house, it is difficult. Today was one of those days.

But God is with me. He is molding me here in Florida to make me a better person (I should be a skinnier person with the constant sauna we live in!). He is giving me fabulous new friendships. He is giving our children the best education they have ever received. DH is in an amazing, challenging new job. Life is great. But it's okay to cry.

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Know you are deeply missed in Raleigh too! We love you guys!

Jessica Ryan said...

Saying goodbye IS hard. Your parents are adorable!!!

JDR said...

I know just how you feel! Hang in there and know I'll be praying for you.

HoodMama said...

I know your missed but that your new neighbors are blessed to have you. Hang in there.

emily said...

Goodbyes are alwasy tough! Hang in there. :)

wendy said...

I know, I cried when your parents left too!