Monday, October 19, 2009

Out of the Mouths of babes



Our children attend a wonderful private school. Unfortunately, private schools have tuition, which was something new to get used to upon our moved here. Last week a notice was sent home saying that children can buy a Chick Fil A lunch every Tuesday if they would like to do so. However, you have to go ahead and commit and pre-pay for all 12 weeks. Each meal is about $4 x 12 weeks x 4 children = $192. I decided that I will happily bring them a surprise lunch every once in a while, but that this was not a wise expense on my part, so we declined. The children did not complain like I thought they would. No one begged for Chick Fil A, even though they LOVE it. They understood.

Tonight our sweet friend announced, "Woo Hoo! Tomorrow is Chick Fil A day!!" Dh & I laughed and said, "Not for us!" DH is hilarious & made us all laugh with his funny comments. Our precious son said, "We got new sweaters instead!!" Be still my beating heart. What a sweet boy.... the new sweaters to which he is referring are REQUIRED school logo sweaters, not some fun new outfit!! I love his grateful heart and wish I was more like him!!!

2 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

Adorable... wow, that's a lot of money to shell out for a non nutritious lunch! I would take a new sweater over a chicken sandwich ANY day too!!!

KK said...

What a sweet boy! I agree with you--that is a lot of money!!! Expecially on top of tuition. We have been fortunate enough to always live where we can send our children to public schools and I still only allow them to order once a week. The cost is too high and I don't know what they are feeding them. I too try to explain to our children that our family chooses to spend on our money on different things :) I think you're idea of taking them a surprise lunch every once in a while is a great one. It makes it more special when it is rare and they also remember that you took time out of your day to spend with them! Before MP was embarrassed to be seen with me, I used to do this and she loved it!