Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Almost 9 years ago....



This was me almost 9 years ago. Can you believe it? I was just 29 weeks pregnant but I measured 52 weeks (I know that's physically impossible, but it was true, folks). I can't believe it either. Let's just say I know what you mean when you say you are very pregnant and uncomfortable. True, Octomom has 5-upped me, but I do know uncomfortable. And I would do it all again... the relentless sickness, the shots, the bedrest, the medicine, the surgeries, the hospitalizations, and even the NICU. We were so blessed to welcome not one, not two, but 3 beautiful babies. They were born on Maundy Thursday almost 9 years ago (Easter was a little later that year).

This picture was taken on the day I had my haircut. I did not get out of bed often, so my hairdresser, John, came to our house & cut my hair for me! Thank goodness! Those sweet babies were born just a little over a week later.

Now you know why I have stretch marks! :)

13 comments:

LPC said...

I cannot even imagine triplets. Would love to hear more stories from the early years.

Patty said...

Oh wow that's pretty big! But at least you got beautiful kids out of it ;)

Shannon said...

Wow, and I think I have my hands full with just one. I can't imagine three! I think you (and another moms of multiples) are ah-mazing!

Looking 4 Lilly said...

Oh my goodness. You look lovely with all of those babies! How wonderful for you. We have twins and I just loved all of that commotion going on inside(even at 3:00am) Can't even imagine three.

theaikenite said...

Wow. At one point I had 4 children under 5 but they weren't residing inside of me simultaneously! Love seeing this pic of you 'back when.'

Sherrie said...

Happy early birthday to the triplets!

KK said...

You are adorable!!!

Jo said...

What sweet blessings ~ is there ever a dull moment in your home? :) Enjoy celebrating their special day. Please post photos.

Jo

paige said...

you looked fabulous!!
what a precious family
& such a wonderful time to celebrate birthdays
xo

ps--thank you for the prayers for cek
:)

Unknown said...

I can't believe that you do not age! You look exactly the same today(minus the baby "bump")as you do in the picture. What a precious blessing those three are.

Sandra said...

Three of my daughters best friends growing up were triplets. I can still remember stories their mom would tell me about # of bottles, diapers, etc. per day! Unreal!! But isn't it fun??? Their birthday party was so great!!

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

I am with LPC, I would love to hear the early years stories. I used to think that I had a load to carry with my pregnancies, but I see now I was just being silly. I have a few friends with twins and know how very hard the early years were for them, I can only imagine the strength you had to muster for 3. You look fab in that picture.

bevy said...

You are so cute there! (Short comment as I have some catching up on your posts to do!)