Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thurday's Tip... Another hint from Henley


Okay, friends, I hope you enjoy my tips as much as I enjoy remembering to pass them along! I couldn't wait until Tuesday because you need to go ahead & order this item if you decide you want it for your child's Easter baskets! Our children love to read, but they are also required to read for 20 minutes every evening. It's easy to lose track of time on a clock or to forget to write down what time you started reading. However, with the Mark-my-Time digital bookmark, your child is timed effortlessly. Children who are old enough to read independently can easily time themselves and write down how many minutes they've read in a particular sitting. These bookmarks have made our children want to read MORE! It's fun to see just how high you can make the number climb. These bookmarks sell for $8.95 in different colors such as pink, green, blue, purple, and yellow. Amazon.com offers free shipping on orders of $25 or more. You can also order them from Target.com, Amazon.com, and Learning Express. You will love them!

13 comments:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Great tip! I didn't know they existed!!

mFw said...

This a fabulous idea!

Manhattan Mommy said...

Very cool! I am going to buy one for my nephew :)

Shannon said...

As a former teacher, these are great! Kids are always asked to keep up with their reading time and this is a fabulous tool for doing just that! And what a cute idea for Easter baskets...so clever!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Thanks a million for the idea Mama Henley! I am totally going to get these for my precious nieces and nephews...I love to buy practical gifts that the mommies approve of, and these are perfect!!

You are so wonderful :)

Travelbugmom said...

My daughter received one as a gift and LOVES it...you are right, GREAT gift!

Sherrie said...

Love it! TFS

Love Being A Nonny said...

This is awesome! My friend is a librarian...I am going to see if she knows about these!

Having a give away today!

bevy said...

I am ordering TODAY!!! This will help my sweet dyslexic J with keeping track of his time. I guess you can change the times... Thanks dearie!

The Hayden Family said...

i always LOVE your tips...crave them in fact! this one was of course awesome. what a cool tool! sending this link to my friend's with kiddos of reading age. Thanks!

Jessica Ryan said...

We have these and they work WONDERFULLY!

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea!!!!! I love it!

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

love the idea-- great tip darling.