Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday's Tip

I know many of you have finished birthin' those babies, but some out there in the blog world will still welcome another little one into their lives. One of my favorite new mama tidbits is this: Many hospitals no longer do footprints of your newborn for you. You may know that it is smart to bring a page from your baby book to the hospital in hopes that your nurse will make those little prints for you. I take it one step further and buy a nice piece (or two or three) of acid free cardstock and an ink pad. I always buy black, but you could buy a fun pink or blue. Ask the nurse to place prints on the card. You know have a special set of footprints to frame! I framed mine with pink matting to highlight that baby was a girl. I'll post a picture later today!

10 comments:

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Great tip. We didnt' get any foot prints from the hospital, but daycare does a great job of sending home lots of handprints and footprints. They go right in the memory box.

KK said...

We brought our baby book for footprints and when Miss Priss was born the nurse "stamped" Daddy's scrubs with her little tootsies and I framed that in a shadow box!

Valerie said...

Great idea!

I knew to bring the page from the baby book to the hospital for both of my kiddos, but I never thought to bring additional cardstock or scrapbook paper for framing!

We are expecting #3 and just had our "big" ultrasound yesterday. Only 19 weeks left to go until we can meet our special gift!!! (We're holding off on sharing the gender until we can share with the grandmas in person!)

Thanks for the tip,
Valerie

Love Being A Nonny said...

Girl, you think of everything!

EKM said...

Id love to see the picture! What a smart idea.

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

What a fun Tuesday Tip! I can't wait to see your picture of the wee footprints! I will have to file this one away for the hopefully-not-too-far-away future :) XOXO

Unknown said...

Is there anything you you don't think of? I've sent a link to your blog to some of my friends who need this. and I love birthin' babies part. I could hear Prissy saying it.

bevy said...

How amazing are you??? I think, though, our hospital did stamp both S and J's feet when they were born. The paper is in their baby books... I think! LOL

kay said...

Such a great idea! My cousin his having his first baby in July and I can not wait! I will be keeping this idea in mind when going to visit them in the hospital!

The Hayden Family said...

Put on my to do list to pack in the bag that already has stuff in it for early October! Mama Henley, you rock!