Thursday, March 4, 2010

Little House on the Prairie



What a treat! Tonight the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center offered a special deal to encourage families to attend "Little House on the Prairie". For every full price ticket bought, you received one free ticket. Our triplets just read "Little House in the Big Woods" in their second grade class. Their test was LAST WEEK. It was just too good to be true!! Sweet hubby encouraged me to take the big 3 tonight to see the play. We rushed home between ballet and choir and they showered and changed clothes. We met DH for dinner and he took our 2 little girls home while I took the triplets to the play. They were mesmerized. The most exciting part was that Melissa Gilbert was in the play. This time she was playing Ma!! It was so exciting to see her. After the show they had a talk back. We had to stay even though it meant the children were up THREE HOURS past their bedtime! Tiny was able to ask Ms. Gilbert a question! She asked if parents travel with the children who are in the show. The answers were different for each child. One child had parents who alternate traveling with her, and another child had her grandfather as her chaperone. It was really neat! The show was fantastic. We loved the music and the fun humor sprinkled throughout the play. If it travels to your town, you must go!

15 comments:

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

what a great treat for the children, and for you. Let us hope it comes to AZ from September so I can go.

Sherrie said...

I used to LOVE watching that show as a child. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

How FUN!!!!! I adored watching that show as a child and reading the books as well. Glad you had a great time!!

Imjustagirl said...

Just wanted to let you know about a promotin Busch Gardens is offering for kids under age 5.

http://www.southernsavers.com/2010/03/busch-gardens-free-preschool-pass/

Gabi said...

Oh, I hope it comes to Boston! I am going to look now. We are part way through The Long Winter. My boys LOVE them. We were just talking about the books when I went maple sugaring with C's class earlier this week. I read the whole series probably 7 times as a child. How totally cool that Melissa Gilbert is in the play. OK babbled enough...

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh, I will! I Will!! Thanks so much for sharing this...and how fun that Melissa Gilbert was in it! How fun for HER too!

Travelbugmom said...

OH I HOPE IT COMES to our area! My SIL took my daughter to "Laura Ingals Wilder" a play at a Philly theater, but it wasn't a musical...this looks awesome!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

That is so great-I love Melissa Gilbert and would you believe that I have all the Little House's on VCR tapes from TimeLife-ugh. Too bad it is not easy to convert to DEV.

Lauren said...

We are reading book 2 of the Little House series! We love it!

Jessica Ryan said...

love Little House. Hated Nellie and Loved Alphonso... surprised?! LOL

and I'll follow you to Nantucket and back!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds awesome. I would love to see that! I am obsessed with The Little House books!

The Hayden Family said...

I love Little House on The Prairie! How fun for y'all!

KK said...

Oh how I loved these books; I hope we can see this!

bevy said...

Didn't you just LOVE that show and the books? Glad your triplets read the books. They are great in teaching life as a pioneer family!

I wanted to be Mary... until she had to wear those glasses.

The B Family said...

Loved the Little House books and the series was my favorite show as a little girl (Michael Landon was such a wonderful "Pa"). Saw the billboard for this show as we drove through Tampa the other day. My girls are too young for it but I'm so glad your family was able to catch it--so neat that Melissa Gilbert was in it.