Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday's Tip


Do you like to have clean clothes when you return from a trip? I sure do! With a family of 7, any chance I have to wash clothes is taken! Whenever we travel, I try to return home with our bags packed full of clean clothes. Inevitably, there is still plenty to wash upon our return, so it helps to have as many things clean as possible. We recently spent a week in Hilton Head. Let me just say that they had me at "washer and dryer included". I LOVE a place to stay where I can wash away dirt and grime! At Camp Greystone in the summer, my friends laugh because they can always find me doing laundry in the Counselor Hut. What can I say, clean undies and towels are my friends! Anyhoo, one of my greatest discoveries is the Purex 3 in 1 sheets. They are perfect for travel and offer softening and anti-static! They are thin so they fit easily in your luggage. In fact, you could just put the amount you need in a ziploc bag and not have to take the small box with you! The Purex detergent also works well. In fact, in trying to find a picture for my blog, I found out that they are giving away 2 sheets of Purex 3-in-1 sheets! You have to fill out a simple survey by going here. I just completed it myself! Happy Tuesday!

16 comments:

Aundrea said...

Awesome!! I have wanted to try these because, like you, laundry often feels like my life. One less step in the process is better than no help at all!!!

Annie said...

Wow, those sound really cool. Thanks for sharing! PS - thank you for visiting my blog. I look forward to following you!

Single in Shaw said...

Thank you! I'd wanted to try these out, but didn't want to commit to buying a bunch

Travelbugmom said...

I'm all over this!! I'm a laundry freak and can use for TRAVEL! Thanks.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Not only do we have camp in common...but I had to laugh, because the laundry room is where they can find me at camp too!!

These look neat!

Manhattan Mommy said...

I'm def going to try these! I do laundry every day!! :)

The Hayden Family said...

they are now on my grocery list! thanks!

Jo said...

Thanks for the heads up ~ anything to help with the extra loads of laundry in the summer when everyone is home.

Jo

Unknown said...

I've signed up for the free sample. Thanks for the tip and posting the link.

bevy said...

How brilliant! I will be sure to take these beauties on our trips to the mountains. Hate lugging those bottles around!

Oh, and hope you day was better today. I prayed for you last night before I went to sleep...

Henley on the Horn said...

Thank you, Bevy! Your prayers worked! Today was a MUCH better day! Our house still needs some organization, but it was a happier day all around.:) Nonny, we have a lot in common! However, I'm not brave like you with giving up Diet Coke! Amy, I'm glad you get to try the free sample! Thanks for the encouragement, y'all, and for reading my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I tagged you on my blog, you Socialite you! Come visit! Wendy

Eloise said...

I have never heard of those sheets. They sound like something my mother would love! I may have to get her a box for Mother's Day - LOL.

You'll get a kick out of this: Hockey Boy informed me about halfway into our trip to Hawaii that he had one pair of boxers left. I asked him why in the world he didn't pack more, and he told me he only has four pairs that fit anymore. Turns out that amount is fine when Miss Linda is washing them twice a week, but it doesn't work when we're gone for 8 days! Luckily the Quiksilver store near our hotel had some acceptable boxers so I was able to replenish his supply. Leave it to an 18-year-old boy not to worry about such matters until the last second! (I guess I should be glad he even cared. There was a day when he would have gladly worn the same pair for a week and not said a word!)

Mrs. Expat said...

Too bad that India does not have free trade. These would be great here!

KK said...

Cool tip--I've been wanting to try these!

sevenalstons said...

What a fabulous idea! I'd never heard of these before but will for sure be bringing them on our next trip. Thanks for the tip!