Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Life is precious

My sweet husband has a wonderful extended family. We were greeted with such sad news this morning. One of his cousins has been having trouble with her heart. She had a moderate to severe mitral valve prolapse. She was under the care of a physician, and had just sought 2nd and 3rd opinions to determine her need for surgery. She spent a week on the NC coast to relax before going back for more tests next week. Sadly, she died yesterday morning at work and leaves behind a husband and a two year old son, whom she adored. J was an accomplished pianist, and held her PhD in Russian. She was able to teach many languages. In the past two years, she most loved being a mama. We are all shocked and sad. It is a reminder of just how precious life is, even for those who are young. We do not know the number of our days, only our Lord does. Please love those around you more than you did yesterday. If you don't know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, seek to know Him. He loves you more than any person ever can or will. He loves you unconditionally. He will never leave you. He is always by your side. If you've never opened your Bible, you may want to read the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke & John) or the Psalms (found right in the middle of your Bible towards the end of the Old Testament). If you do not have a Bible, please buy yourself one for Easter. It holds the greatest gift you could ever give yourself!!

8 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

OMGOsh... I am so very sorry for your loss, for your husband's loss and for the lovely young child and husband left behind. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Preppy Pettit said...

I am so very sorry. Your family is in my prayers.

The 5 Bickies said...

What a loss...so sorry for your family.

KK said...

I am so sorry about your loss. I will be praying for the family.

Mags said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. My prayers are with you and yours now.

Paper Girl said...

I am praising the Lord and lifting up your family in the midst of your sadness. I know that He has you all in the palm of his hand. I am so grateful for you to have the opportunity to share the gift our precious Lord to all those who read your blog....
what an amazing gift you have put out there for anyone to read and have the opprtunity to receive. thank you for your sweet and precious witness and know you are loved and prayed for tonight.

Hopsy said...

I am so sorry to read this sad news. However, I will be lifting you up in prayer!!

Nita Meadows said...

So sorry to hear about Doug's cousin. Know I will pray for his family and their loss. May the Lord wrap His everlasting arms around this husband and baby and bring them comfort. We will pray for him in the days ahead.