Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cast Off!


Our sweet D broke her arm just before performing at her school's Christmas Program. A little boy's foot was extended and he tripped her by accident. She then landed just perfectly to fracture her wrist! I thought there was no way she had a break, and insisted she try to sing during the program. Sweet baby. I felt like a terrible mama.


She chose a purple cast because lavender is the color we assigned her as a baby. D wore the cast for 4 weeks and it was finally time for it to come off yesterday! Little Sis accompanied us the doctor's office.

D was so excited to have the cast OFF!

She was very brave as the loud machine cut her cast.



Finally, no more cast!!! We celebrated with a sprite and a bottle cap for her bottle cap necklace. It was special to spend a few hours with just D & the Hurricane before we took D back to school. She is such a sweet girl! CAST OFF!

8 comments:

Travelbugmom said...

Yeah for D! It must feel awesome. Now let me ask you, did you save it? People think I was wierd since I saved my son's in a ziploc bag. In my massive basement cleanout I just came across it again. I STILL couldn't throw it out since he broke it in 2nd grade in the playground (a girl tripped him) the day before his 1st communion! He is 16 now and I can't believe his arm was so tiny.

KK said...

Oh what a brave girl! I Love that she chose a purple cast!!!

Sherrie said...

Yay for getting her getting the cast off. I have so many students this year that have had casts or are on crutches. It's such a pain for them.

CRICKET said...

I thought I was following you but I wasn't so now I am. yes, we are trying to get to the South from the Rocky Mts. I am hoping this will settle me!

Kim said...

Don't known if you remember but Jackson had the same break in May just before our move. I know you are all so glad to have that cast off. Adorable photos!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a super brave little gal...Love your blog..I have a fun giveaway on my blog...a $100 prize ..comments will be closed on Monday night, but today's entries get extra chances...so stop by and join in the fun.
teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

bevy said...

Love her cute smile! We have not had a broken bone in our house - yet. Knock, knock, knock on wood! Jackson thinks it would be so cool. He already has HIS colors picked out: Garnet and Black! I, on the other hand, love the purple. Cute girl!

Gabi said...

Look how brave she was!! What a relief to have that off..Love the purple! I have assigned my boys colors too. Blue for J and red for C. Works so well doesn't it?