Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our Baby



Our baby is now 3. That sweet angel was due on Christmas Day, so my c-section was scheduled 6 days earlier. She is a joy, a hoot, a mess, a sweetheart, a fireball, and a talker all rolled into one. She will pinch you and then hug and kiss you within minutes. We all delight in her and she knows it.

Tonight I tried to put her to bed a little bit earlier than her siblings. We read a book, I took the time to learn that she does have good reading comprehension skills, and then we said prayers together. She prayed, "And thank you for a big girl bed. A pink one. And thank you for my crib....." And I cried. I cried because we have not moved her to a big girl bed yet. I cried because I have always had a little one in a crib and there is not someone to follow in her footsteps. I cried because I am thankful for who she is and who she will be, and yet sad to see her become "big". And now I have to go find the prettiest pink big girl bed you've ever seen! :)

13 comments:

Nancy said...

So sweet, she is a doll. How cute that she wants a big girl bed!

Sandra said...

She is absol. precious!! It's hard to let go of the baby years for sure. Get that pink bed and let us see a pic of it!! xoxo

Suburban Princess said...

I will prolly send my son to college with his crib - it will be hard to let my baby grow up!

Kim said...

Precious. We share the same birthday. Love that.
And boy do I know how you feel ... it's hard letting go of the "baby" things. Now that the twins have turned four, I feel lost w/o a baby. All all kids are three year apart (well the twins only one minute). It's a new chapter for sure.
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
kim

Imjustagirl said...

AWWWWE....She is just precious!!! Go get her that pink big girl bed that she so deserves!!!

Travelbugmom said...

AWWWW......wish they could stay in a crib until college!

CarolinaGirl said...

What a baby doll! Can't wait to see pics of the new bed.

The Hayden Family said...

I cannot wait to see the bed fit for a princess! I love the stories abt Hurricane...she is a doll!!!

JMW said...

I know! I feel that way with my 2 year-old little guy. He's my baby and it's hard to see him get bigger. You just want to cuddle with and hold them as long as you can!

Valerie said...

Happy belated birthday to your "big girl". Our little man turned 3 in late November it's been a challenge for me too! He's truly no longer a baby...not even a toddler. He's a preschooler! And while I love him to death and love experiencing life thru his eyes...I wish he'd slow down just a bit!

Happy shopping for that pink big girl bed!

Valerie

Anonymous said...

Miss Henney Penney should be on t.v. (except that we'd have to share her with the rest of the world! Nothin' doin. lw

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

AW! too adorable! I love her little paper towel "tutu". (At least it could be a tutu :o)

Blessings & aloha!
(And thank you so much for stopping by :o)

KK said...

I kept Pinkie in her crib until we moved when she was 3 years, 2 months. If we had not moved she would probably still be in it!

I can't wait to see the bed you find--please post pics!