Friday, January 29, 2010

Fear

What are you fears? I fear losing my sweet husband or one of our precious children. I know the Lord would grant me the ability to get through it, but I never want to go there. I fear choking and drowning and cancer. I fear accidents and diseases that attack our little ones. I know that the Bible tells me to "trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding." I try. I know worry is not from God. I pray everyday for our family's protection... from accidents, disease, sickness, bad people, etc. Yet, children do get sick and they do leave us. One of my high school friend's was killed in a car accident on his way to meet his wife for lunch. Bad things do happen. We live in a fallen world. I need to pray more that the Lord would take away my worry as I trust Him and His plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11) and the lives of our children. He knows the number of all of our days. I just need to trust Him that He knows best and enjoy each and every day I am given with the family with whom He has blessed me. I am so grateful for each of them!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

so right, when bad things happen its easy to lose faith but we have to realise its not the lords fault. usually its us humans fault. no disrespect there,
love the blog btw :)

The Second Half said...

I agree, losing my family is my biggest fear.

Anonymous said...

I fear the same things. My daughter got off the bus at the wrong stop today and I thought she was missing.Being in Florida...my heart was racing. Still is. But the Lord is always our Shepard.

bevy said...

Fear is such an easy trap to fall into. I have done it over and over. I also have to remind myself that fear, along with worry, is not of God, but of the enemy who delights in our fears and worry. DO pray for strength and for the trust that He loves you and your precious family! You are precious to Him too!

Anonymous said...

ohhh good post momma! We share the same fears and after living through one of them...well, it sucks! Hope your having a great weekend! XOXO

bloggerprotectionprogram said...

I usually worry when I wake up in the middle of the night. My mind goes to those places it shouldn't. It's frustrating. Keep your faith. No matter what happens in life you can and will get through it all!

North of 25A said...

Thank you for a brave post - I feel better about my fears (especially those about my children) when I know that they are shared by others. When it comes to my children I remind myself that the Almighty to whom I put my faith watches over them - always. And I like the idea that courage is faith...

Lei Carver said...

I can relate to everything you were saying. I fear the unknown. I pray each and everyday that God keeps my kids and family here with me safely.

KK said...

I fear clowns. Oh, and all that other stuff you mentioned...

Seriously, you are so right. Even though we live in a fallen world, God is good. We must trust in him but it is such a challenge when we let our minds think of all the horror we see around us.

The Hayden Family said...

Your post really hits home. Frightening to think of something happening to a child- particularly your own. Behold the power of prayer!

3 Peanuts said...

I have been a fearful person too but I am finding that reading scripture everyday is making me less fearful. Thank you for sharing yourself so bravely here.

Allyson said...

Great post. I fear the same things. Thankfully, it doesn't consume me anymore. As several other people commented, it's a trap of the enemy and I constantly remind myself that if I'm praying and truly trusting God, it's hypocritical to be consumed with worry.

Blessings,
Allyson

P.S. I found you from Kellie Patton and Jill (Pocket Full of Posies) blogs.