Saturday, January 2, 2010

We're HOME!!!!


Happy New Year, Y'all!!! I have to tell you, there is no place like home. We had the best time visiting friends and family for two glorious weeks in NC. In some ways, it was not enough time. We left longing for more time with those we love so dearly. However, I can't tell you how good it feels to be home!!! DH & I have slept in twin beds for 2 weeks! It'll feel good for all 7 of us to sleep in our own beds. We miss everyone, but Dorothy was right when she said, "There is no place like home!"

My sweet brother & sis in law helped us get to the airport, and dear friends here picked us up in not one, but TWO Suburbans, this afternoon!! We'll be unpacking for the next week along with removing Christmas decorations and enjoying all of our new gifts. Happy New Year!! I can't wait to see what 2010 will bring!!!!

11 comments:

Kim said...

Do you mind if I just cut and paste this post? Ha! My sentiments EXACTLY!
Happy New Year!
Love & Blessings from "home" in Hong Kong,
Kim

Henley on the Horn said...

Kim, of COURSE you can! I can only imagine how exhausted you are after traveling around the world & back!

Sherrie said...

Welcome home! It's always nice to get settled after being away on vacation

Jennifer said...

Two suburbans had to pick you up! Santa must have been really sweet to your fam! Glad you are home. There's no place like home - especially your own bed!

Hasya Ya'ara said...

Hello!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

Your blog is precious.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Melissa

Beth Dunn said...

So true! I love being home as much fun as we had. Happy New Year! xoxo

SC

bevy said...

Welcome home! Wasn't it so nice to sleep in your very own bed?! Just climbing into mine after a vacation is sooooo nice!

JMW said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and glad to hear you had a great vacation. It's always the best feeling to be home again. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

sounds like y'all had a great time! I hope your 2010 is fabulous! xoxo

wendy said...

The 2 suburbans and their owners are so thrilled you are home! You coming home goes with your next post about your mama and being the life of the party! it felt like a party in the airport when we laid eyes on you and your gorgeous children!!! WELCOME HOME! We are sooo glad you are back!

Eloise said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas in North Carolina. I love the story of the two Suburbans! I have no problem imaging that because my one Suburban was filled to the brim and then some bringing the five of us home from the airport when we returned from our week in Jackson Hole.

Happy New Year!