Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Please pray for those in Haiti

Haiti just experienced its largest earthquake of all times. A hospital collapsed and there is no power on the island. I imagine many lives have been claimed. Just 2 short nights ago we sat in our church to hear from some of our missionaries. For the first time ever, we were able to skype with the Hopps, who live in Haiti as missionaries. We rejoiced with them over the news of baby #4 being on his or her way. We heard about their daily life in Haiti. We now have a face to go with their names when we hear about the family our church supports in Haiti. I can only imagine what the people are going through right now. I imagine crying, utter chaos, and confusion. Please pray for the people of Haiti.

2 comments:

Imjustagirl said...

Our prayers are sent to those in Hati and around the world who are struggling to find calm amongst the the chaos. May they and their loved ones know peace. Watching the news last night it looks like Haiti had some major devastation.

JMW said...

I saw this on the news. I can't even begin to imagine the immensity of this tragedy. I'll keep them in my prayers.